What safety precautions are you taking to ensure your work environment and wares are COVID safe?
• Until our team and the population in general is able to be fully vaccinated, our team all wear double masks with filters at all times while working with wares at our warehouse and onsite.
• We have added additional sanitizing steps into our cleaning processes. All dishes go through an additional sanitizing and disinfecting step, and are then dried and placed in sealed plastic shipping containers for delivery.
• All furniture pieces are wiped down and sanitized in between jobs.
• All team members are temperature checked and screened prior to going on a job site.
• For travel jobs, we require a negative test prior to travel and a follow up test post event. These tests will be a required part of any travel job's costs and fees.
Because of COVID, we are unsure about our guest count. Can we reduce counts or cancel our event if there are rules and regulations that do not allow safe travel or gatherings over a certain amount?
• Our contracts allow for up to a 15% reduction on hard goods per covid restrictions. Reduction must be communicated to us in writing 20 days prior to event. After that, no further reductions may be made.
• In addition, Our contract states that deposits to reserve wares are non-refundable regardless of the reason for cancellation or postponement.
• If your reductions are not due to government mandated closures or limits, the allowable reduction fee is 5% of hard goods.
• If you need to postpone your event due to COVID restrictions, federally or state mandated closures or limits on gatherings, we will gladly credit your deposit towards a new date of your choosing without additional fees, for up to 1 year from original event date.
Do you offer a will call service?
Only for jobs local to Los Angeles (Area 1) under $1,000 in rental cost. There are also some collections (like the Victoire French Porcelain Collection) Which require Ark Specialists to monitor and repackage on-site.
For further information, please speak to your Ark Representative!
Can I borrow pieces for a photo shoot?
Absolutely! We offer photo packages in groups of 4, 6, or 8 settings. Each package can include a charger, dinner plate, salad plate, flatware set, B&B plate, 3 glasses, napkins napkin ring in your chosen style to suit your taste.
Package pricing is as follow:
• 8 Settings – $600
• 6 Settings- $500
• 4 Settings- $350
Package pricing for photo shoots is a fixed amount. If you find that you don’t need the quantities available in our packages to make your beautiful vision a reality, you may speak with your Ark representative about renting in smaller quantities.
For pieces outside of our tabletop collections, or to discuss options for delivery as opposed to will-call, speak with your Ark Rep!
Will you ship your pieces out of state?
• Due to the fragility of the pieces in our collection, we cannot ship our items in bulk; but we can freight them to you on some occasions. Cost for freight services will vary based on destination and time of year. Please speak with you Ark representative to discuss pricing for out-of-California events.
• Keep in mind, that in most cases, out of state orders require our ARK reps drive the wares out and oversee installation and repacking of our wares. This maintains the quality of our service is seamless from start to finish; and allows peace of mind for planners and client. Our team will set tables, provide scullery service, and clean wares prior to repacking for travel back; thus ensuring less damage in transit and added cost to client after the event's close. The costs to use our own reps often are very similar to costs of freighting to and from a location.
Can we just pick up the whole order and return it to you on monday? Why does your staff need to be onsite?
The Ark’s varied collection is a hand curated compilation of unique and often very fragile rental wares. Due to the hectic nature of the event world, we have found that when left unattended, large portions of our can get mixed in with other rentals and not returned to us. As part of the contract you’ll sign with the Ark, the client agrees to take responsibility for loss and damage of our collections. Having Ark Event specialists on site to manage and maintain the inventory cuts down on the loss and damage costs on the back end of your event.
What's the cost for delivery?
Delivery costs will vary depending on location of the event, the timeline for the event, and amount of product requested. For the most accurate delivery costs, please provide as much information about your event and the utilization of the pieces within the event’s timeline to your Ark Representative.
What is the shipping and handling fee?
All of our proposals include a handling and processing fee that covers the pre-production and post-production costs of our service. This includes but is not limited to, provision of Insurance certificates, pulling and wrapping orders, materials for packing, sanitizing protocols, and washing and restocking inventory after each use. This fee varies from 18-25% based on the complexity of each event.
What does your staff do while onsite?
While onsite, the staff of two or more representatives who will act as delivery coordinators, install specialists, and will also stay onsite to maintain a scullery and inventory during service. This means our staff will place our furniture for you, set tables with our wares, provide scullery and repacking services during strike. Note they will need to have a 1-2 hour break after load in and set, then return for scullery or strike. We are open to discussing drop-offs and pick-ups, depending on the circumstances, but do recommend utilizing our service team to cut down on loss and damage on your end after the event has concluded.
What accommodations does the Ark require while on site?
For the purposes of service, the Ark Specialists on site will require (at least):
• 2- 8′ Table
• 2- 6′ Tables
• 1 Trash Receptacle with Liners
• Lighting (If the scullery is temporary and lighting is not built in)
• Additionally, one vendor meal per rep
Can you custom order pieces for us?
Absolutely! Depending on the pieces you are interested in, time could be of the essence. Please speak with your Ark Representative for information on timelines necessary to complete such requests.
Can I purchase pieces from you?
Yes! Because the wares we have on-hand are generally allocated for events throughout the course of the year, we often cannot accommodate sales directly from our collection. However, we can source pieces from our vendors to get to you! For further information, please contact your Ark Representative.